Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birthday Invite and Digital Page

Here is the invitation I made for Vincent's 5th birthday.
I used a technique called sooting. You hold a piece of glossy card stock in the flame of a candle, (watch the edges catch on fire easily), till it goes black. Then take your stamp and lay it in the soot and pull it off.
The stamp takes off the soot and leaves the image. Your fingers can also take off the soot too!
Spray with an acrylic sealer and let dry.
Here's the inside. I used a top note die as a scroll.
I got myself the New Digital Studio.
Look how easy it is to make a Scrap page in the same colors as the invitation!
The Beware Pirates stamp set is not in the software, but maybe one day available as a digital download.
You can purchase the Digital Studio through me or my web site.
There is also digital downloads that you can purchase without having to own the full studio.
Stampin' Up! also offers custom printing or you can print it out on your home computer!
I will have more pages to share as I play with it a little more!

No comments: